[tex-live] Minimal Example where TL2011 breaks typesetting that worked in TL2010 (positioning on page)

Andreas Hirsch nishni_nowgorod at gaponline.de
Fri Jan 28 19:19:52 CET 2011

Hi Ted,

quoting Ted Pavlic, [28.01.2011 19:00 +0100]:
> TeXLive developers --
>
> 	I've uncovered an annoying behavior in TL2011 that's causing things
> that were positioned correctly with TL2010 LaTeX get positioned
> elsewhere on the page in TL2011 LaTeX. I've pasted the example code at:
>
> http://pastebin.com/sGRpm7uE
>
> I have also attached it (test.tex) to this message. Build it with:
>
> latex test.tex
> dvips test.dvi
> ps2pdf test.ps
>
> and open the resulting test.pdf. When I build it on my Arch Linux system
> with TL2010, it (correctly?) produces the attached
> test_ArchLinux_TeXLive_2010.pdf, which has a space between the upper
> title region and the dashed box. However, when I build it on my TeXLive
> 2011 Fedora system, I get the test_Fedora_14_TeXLive_2011.pdf, which has
> the dashed box shoved up against the upper title region.
>
> 	I have noticed other similar problems where objects that were
> positioned in one spot on a page (e.g., centered between two points) are
> now shifted slightly to the left (e.g., now overlapping with something
> on the left).

I suggest to take a look at the logfiles and notice the versions of the
packages that are used. I suppose, that the things You mention are not
related to TeXLive itself but to the packages You use.

Andreas

--
'Grade, klare Menschen wär'n ein schönes Ziel.
Leute ohne Rückgrat hab'n wir schon zuviel.'