[tex-live] Hi! I don't arrive to build texlive from the source, could you help me?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Jan 23 01:09:15 CET 2011

    ../../../texk/dvipng/dvipng.test: 9 : kpsewhich: not found
    "kpsewhich mktex.cnf" failed

This test failure probably means the test is wrongly assuming an
installed kpsewhich exists.

    ./dvips: DVI file can't be opened:
    ../../../texk/dvipsk/testdate.quotecmd.dvi:

That's the wrong file name.  I'll have to look into the test.

So, I think these are bugs with the tests, rather than anything about
your build.  Sorry.  Thanks for the report.

(However, I concur with others' advice to use prebuilt binaries or
packages unless you have a specific reason not to.)

Best,
Karl