[tex-live] Palatino / figbas - ligatures for baroque?music?corrupting web pages(?!)

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Mon Jan 10 16:54:18 CET 2011

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 03:41:11PM +0000, andrew cooke wrote:

> All those details were available in the links I gave.
>
> If you or the OpenSuse people want your systems to work well for other people,
> you might be interested in looking into this.  If not, well, my computer works.
>
> Seriously.  I maintain software too.  I care about the code I maintain.  If
> someone tells me something is wrong I don't bitch about how they told me.  I
> thank them for the info and fix my god-damn code.

TeXLive does not maintain TeX package, TeXLive *distributes* TeX
packages, so you are just contacting another downstream who can't even
fix your problem because you are not using what they distribute (you are
using OpenSuse package which TeXLive has no control over), so you have
to either:

* Contact *real* upstream i.e. font author, or
* Pour your anger over the downstream distributor you are using their
  packages, i.e. OpenSuse

There is nothing here TeXLive can fix.

Regards,
 Khaled