[tex-live] dvips

Akira Kakuto kakuto at fuk.kindai.ac.jp
Mon Jan 10 11:43:11 CET 2011

Hi Herbert,

> In the latest updates of texlive I saw that dvips was
> also updated. To get the orientation correct with a
> powerdot document in xpdf or adope reader, I now have to use
>
> dvips -t landscape file.dvi
>
> which was not nessesary before.

Binary is not changed but some support files are updated.
However the important "config.ps", in which
%%DocumentPaperSizes: Screen
for powerdot is defined, is not changed.
Powerdot writes the papersize into dvi with the
help of geometry. dvips reads the size and determines
%%DocumentPaperSizes: Screen
by reading the config.ps by default. Please examine your dvi.

Your test file is ok here.

Thanks,
Akira