[tex-live] scheme modern

Philipp Stephani st_philipp at yahoo.de
Sun Jan 9 16:00:24 CET 2011

Am 09.01.2011 um 14:02 schrieb Reinhard Kotucha:

> On 8 January 2011 Arno Trautmann wrote:
> BTW, TeX Live doesn't provide Biber.  Your students have to install
> binaries from TLContrib.  But there is a Unicode version of BibTeX,
> called bibtexu.  Does anybody know whether it can be used with
> biblatex, even if not all features of Biber are provided?

The manual says: "Note that bibtexu is not actively supported by biblatex and has not been tested as backend in any way. Biber is the recommended backend."
What Philipp Lehman knows about it doesn't sound promising either:
https://groups.google.com/group/de.comp.text.tex/browse_thread/thread/2ff76145929f99d9
"bibtexu seems to be quite buggy. I've given up pretty quickly."
So for TL 2011, better remove bibtexu and include Biber!