[tex-live] TL Manager query

Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Thu Jan 6 10:19:40 CET 2011

Good morning Norbert et al (and a Happy New Year
to you all) --

> first of all, do you have
> 	texlive-docindex
> installed?

Well, I have "Scheme: full", so probably :-)  And looking
at the main pane of TLmgr (from which I also cannot textually
copy), there is a line that reads

[ ] texlive-docindex 20928 20928 Top-level TeX Live doc.html et al. (E&OE)

"et al." should read "etc.", just as an aside.

> If there is an update available (after you have loaded the remote
> repository's tlpdb), there will be a big red warning and you will
> only see the texlive.infra package to be updated. So no need to
> worry more.

Once one is aware of that (and if one does not forget it), that
should indeed be reassurance enough.  But from a purely personal
perspective, I like to be reminded by my software that it is
fully up-to-date, and others may feel the same way.

> Yeah, and copying from About box does not work, that is Tk, sorry.

And also from the main pane (see above).

> Finally: your tlmgr is uptodate, what seems is that you don't have
> 	texlive-docindex
> installed.

Thank you, but we don't yet seem to have found the problem !

** Phil.