[tex-live] [texhax] TeX 2011

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 18:55:21 CET 2011

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 7:20 AM, jezZiFeR <jezzifer at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Dear supporter,
>
> I have some questions regarding a TeXLive-Installation on MacOSX, and hope,
> that you could help me, or tell me, who else could.
> I use TeX for some years now with LyX. As some things did not work, and the
> TeX Live Utility always told me, that the »Repository URL« has a newer
> version, I wanted to upgrade from 2011 to 2012.

You need a time machine - it is not released yet and probably will not
be released for several months. What TLU **probably** tells you that
newer versions of packages are available and you can update them using
the same TLU. Without exact message one can only guess.

What really have you installed? TeXLive 2011 or MacTeX 2011 (there are
some rather minor differences and MacTeX is specially adapted for Mac
OSX

HTH

Victor