[tex-live] texdoc index

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue Dec 27 03:36:49 CET 2011

On 2011-12-26 at 18:36:22 +0100, Martin Schröder wrote:

 > Hi,
 > 'texdoc index' shows
 >   doc/support/makeindex/ind.pdf
 > instead of
 >   doc/latex/index/index.pdf
 >
 > I can understand the idea, but I expected the documentation for the
 > index package...

texdoc is completely broken.

Try

  texdoc plnfss

and see what happens.  I've reported this problem many times but it
still exists.  Nobody cares.

I don't know why texdoc doesn't search for files whose basename is
specified on the command line at the first place.

If you need something more predictable, retrieve the texdoc shell
script from an ancient TeX Live release.  You'll see that everything
works as expected there.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25