[tex-live] problem with l3 update

Stephan Hennig mailing_list at arcor.de
Thu Aug 25 23:11:34 CEST 2011

schrieb Norbert Preining:
> On Do, 25 Aug 2011, Stephan Hennig wrote:
>> when updating l3 packages recently, the old packages expl3 and xpackage

FTR, that should read packages 'expl3' and 'xpackages'.

>> haven't been removed here, even though auto-remove is enabled.  This
>
> That is a strange thing that I couldn't reproduce, but it seems to
> happen on some computers....

Confirmed, on an XP box those packages had already been removed.

[I wanted to insert a joke about the theory of spontaneous automata
here, but then learnt that those are indeed subject of serious academic
discussion.  But why did AMD apply that to their CPUs?]

Best regards,
Stephan Hennig