[tex-live] beamer misses amsthm

Arno Trautmann Arno.Trautmann at gmx.de
Thu Aug 25 12:34:26 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I hope this is the right place to report/ask for help:
Today, I wanted to compile a basic beamer presentation. But it fails
with missing amsthm:

——
(/home/texlive2011/texmf-dist/tex/latex/amsmath/amsopn.sty))

! LaTeX Error: File `amsthm.sty' not found.

Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,
or enter new name. (Default extension: sty)

Enter file name:
——

I can locate that file in my old TL 2010 installation in the folder
amscls, and if I update TL 2011, I see the message

skipping forcibly removed package amscls

So … did I do anything wrong on my installation, or was amscls removed
from TL for any reason? If I copy the old file into my working folder,
everything works fine, so there seems to be no conflict or similar.

cheers
Arno