[tex-live] Be careful setting TEXINPUTS when running with luatex and friends

Mon Aug 15 23:53:45 CEST 2011

Am 15.08.2011 23:43, schrieb Karl Berry:
>      export TEXINPUTS=.:
>
> That line in itself should be perfectly fine (although unnecessary since
> . is already first in the path, and always has been).
>
>      this TEXINPUTS variable is set in an engine-specific way [in texmf.cnf]
>
> Sure, but I'm unable to reproduce a resulting problem.

voss at shania:~> kpsewhich lualibs.lua
/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/tex/luatex/lualibs/lualibs.lua
voss at shania:~> export TEXINPUTS=.:$TEXINPUTS
voss at shania:~> kpsewhich lualibs.lua
voss at shania:~>

Herbert