[tex-live] Path-Variable

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 19:19:18 CEST 2011

On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 10:44 AM, Bernhard Kleine
<bernhard.kleine at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed texlive 2011 as administrator on ubuntu. I noticed, however,
> that the root path variable still contains the texlive 2010 entry. I
> have tried to localize the file where this path information is hardcoded
> and could not find it. Could you please name the place where the
> information of the texlive dir is added to the path?

CTAN TeX Live does not adjust the PATH.

More detail would be helpful.  Did you install both TL versions
directly from CTAN or
did you use something like:

<http://alexkrispin.wordpress.com/2010/10/12/a-script-to-automate-the-installation-of-texlive-2010/>

What is "administrator"?   Normally in Ubuntu installs are done by a user
with "admin" privileges using "sudo", in which case the PATH settings in the
alexkrispin script go into ~/.profile.

> files which did not reveal this info: etc/profile, etc/bashrc,
> root/.bashrc, root/.profile.

Did you check /etc/profile.d/*.sh?  Is bash your shell?

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia