[tex-live] error of asymptote of texlive 2011 on Windows

Anna Karenina anna23188 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 21:24:42 CEST 2011

Hi, dear all,

I recently encountered a problem when I was trying to use asymptote of
texlive 2011 on my windows 7. When I type

asy

on my cmd window, it is supposed an interactive mode of asymptote will
start, but instead an error message came up and I can't use it. I attach
a screen capture of this error message. The error message says

The procedure entry point __locale_mb_cur_max could not be located in
the dynamic link library cygwin1.dll.

  I believe this is a bug resulting from some packaging problem of
asymptote of texlive 2011. (Just a guess)

PS. I am not on the mailing list, could someone please cc the reply
message to me when s/he wants to answer the question? Thanks!

-- Anna