[tex-live] Where do I put lua scripts for a package?

Christophe Jorssen jorssen.leraincy at free.fr
Sun Apr 24 18:27:02 CEST 2011

Hello all,

In the cvs version of pgf, a new library uses some lua scripts
designed to work with luatex. I'd like to know in which directory lua
scripts should be put (for a later update of the pgf-cvs bundle to
tlcontrib).

For now they are located in

/texmf/generic/pgf/libraries/name_of_the_library/lua/

AFAIU the TDS documentation, this should rather be

/texmf/scripts/pgf/libraries/name_of_the_library/

Can somebody confirm?

However, if I understand correctly, luatex is able to find any lua
script as far as it is found by kpathse(arch), so the former location
should work too. What is best practice here?

Thanks in advance

--
Christophe