[tex-live] Please offer new version XITS fonts from CTAN

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Fri Apr 22 15:15:56 CEST 2011

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 02:20:01PM +0200, Pander wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Can someone bump XITS fonts, a new versions has been published in CTAN?
> the Easter Bunny has already delivered 1.009 yesterday. TeX Live still
> has version 1.006 from July 2010.

The version in TeXLive is actually 1.007 despite the internal font
version (which reminds me setting a way to increase font version
automatically as I always miss it).

> How can this be streamlined for the next release of XITS? Do TeX Live
> maintainers get CTAN update notifications in some way?

So, if we don't count the 1.009 which is less than 24 hours old, then
only one release is missing from TeXLive, which is not that serious.
But may be the something went wrong and the team were not notified by
1.008 for some reason, and though I'm not complaining it might be worth
checking.

Regards,
 Khaled

--