[tex-live] Source code for makeindex

Nelson H. F. Beebe beebe at math.utah.edu
Sun Apr 10 02:27:14 CEST 2011

>> Where can I find the files that generate documentation such as man pages
>> and PDF? I think it is called makeindex.l

The makeindex.l manual page file is available in

    makeindex-2.13-beta/doc/makeindex.l

in the various archive formats at Utah.  They were packaged long
enough ago that they predate PDF.  However, there is a PostScript file

    makeindex-2.13-beta/doc/makeindex.ps

that can easily be converted to PDF with ps2pdf, pstill, or distill.

All files are under revision control (RCS), so there is a history of
changes in the archives.