[tex-live] Source code for makeindex

Pander pander at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Apr 9 20:12:15 CEST 2011

On 2011-04-09 19:41, Robin Fairbairns wrote:
> Pander <pander at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

Hi all,

Here is a Request for Review of a patch for extended page grouping.

My document consists of a large part with two-page sections that have
many index entries. This results in e.g. page numbers in the index:
  9, 13, 15, 17, 19, 21, 23, 25, 29
but that is too long. The actual document is about 700 pages so the
index entries take up a dozen of lines.

When I use \index on both pages this results in a shorter but also
unwanted format, e.g.:
  9--10, 13--26, 29--30

What I want is:
  9, 13--25, 29

The enclosed patch delivers this page number grouping with a step size
of 2, in stead of the default of 1, for only pages 9 until 30 via:
  makeindex -B 9 -E 30 document
(via -S the step size can be increased)

Please review and test enclosed patch.

Thanks,