[tex-live] Location of recorder file

Philipp Stephani st_philipp at yahoo.de
Mon Sep 27 10:46:08 CEST 2010

Am 27.09.2010 um 04:10 schrieb Akira Kakuto:

> Hi,
>
>> Has there been a recent change in the recorder behavior?
>> I've noticed that pdfTeX started writing to the current directory
>> instead of the output directory. All output files should be written
>> to the output directory; it may be the case that the
>> current directory isn't writable!
>
> Here
> pdflatex --recorder --output-directory=e:/wk/uuu/vvv/www test
> creates a recorder file pdflatex1064.fls, as well as all output
> files, in the output-directory, not in the current directory.

Correct, but

pdflatex --recorder --output-directory=../b '\documentclass{minimal}\csname @@end\endcsname'

creates minimal.fls in the current directory, and minimal.log in the output directory. Similarly,

pdftex --recorder --output-directory=../b '\end'

creates texput.fls in the current directory. And the following input

/tmp/a $ pdftex --recorder --output-directory=../b
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-1.40.11 (TeX Live 2010)
**^D
! End of file on the terminal... why?

creates pdftex<Process-ID>.fls in the output directory, and no log file at all.