[tex-live] TeXLive 2010 distribution bug?

Cory Cohen cfcohen at verizon.net
Mon Sep 13 02:29:10 CEST 2010

Hello Norbert,

Sorry if this message breaks your threading on the list, I couldn't cut
and paste the answers you needed into my iPhone, and my email
environment is slightly dysfunctional right now.

While debugging this problem on my own, I ran both tlmgr check all, and
a command to check my configuration.  I happen to have both of those
output files from earlier, and I have attached them. I also issued the
new command you requested:

$ tlmgr show hyph-utf8
package:     hyph-utf8
category:    Package
shortdesc:   Hyphenation patterns expressed in UTF-8.
longdesc:    Modern native UTF-8 engines such as XeTeX and LuaTeX need
hyphenation patterns in UTF-8 format, whereas older systems require
hyphenation patterns in the 8-bit encoding of the font in use (such
encodings are codified in the LaTeX scheme with names like OT1, T2A,
TS1, OML, LY1, etc). The present package offers a collection of
conversions of existing patterns to UTF- 8 format, together with
converters for use with 8-bit fonts in older systems. Since hyphenation
patterns for TeX are only read at iniTeX time, it is hoped that the
UTF-8 patterns, with their converters, will completely supplant the
older patterns.
installed:   Yes
revision:    18895
cat-date:    2010-06-01 11:48:39 +0200