[tex-live] [TLContrib] TeXworks in TeX Live

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sun Oct 24 17:51:35 CEST 2010

Hi Taco, hi all,

> * what was the texworks version in texlive? The 0.2.3 release?

I assume, I cannot test it now, though.

> * 'texworks' contains only a readme file, but it also contains win32-
>   specific postactions.

Yes, postactions are alwas in the main package, since the split is done
after the texworks package has been created. There is no way to have
postactions only for one architecture.

But the shortcut/filetype/fileassoc postactions are anyway only
executed fro W32.

> * 'texworks.win32' contains the binary, and some dlls + TeXWorks.exe
> under tlpkg/texworks. Is that similar to the .so trick I used?

Yes, exactely. All the libs necessary to get TW running on W32.

> * 'texworks.win32' also contains a whole bunch of data files
> for poppler as well as the manual/help, living under tlpkg/texworks.
> Should I include those as well? If yes, would it not be better to
> move those files to 'texworks' ?

I guess it is better to move them. I will do that for tonight and we
will see if that works out better.

Best wishes

Norbert