[tex-live] [TLContrib] TeXworks in TeX Live

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Sat Oct 23 10:40:24 CEST 2010

On 10/23/2010 10:08 AM, Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Sa, 23 Okt 2010, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>> I am quite interested in hearing whether this approach works on other
>> machines than my own (where of course all the libs would be found
>> anyway).
>
> $ texworks
> bash: /home/norbert/tl/2010/bin/x86_64-linux/texworks: /bin/env: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
> $
>
> env isn't that normally in /usr/bin?

Fixed that, the repository will be updated in half an hour.

> Changing that it started to work.
>
> Maybe you should also include a texworks (without .ARCH) package?

I wanted to make sure the concept actually works first, this stuff
is somewhat tricky to get right because of .so-s depending on other
.so-s.

And I have some questions about the texlive texworks packages:

* what was the texworks version in texlive? The 0.2.3 release?

* 'texworks' contains only a readme file, but it also contains win32-
   specific postactions.

* 'texworks.win32' contains the binary, and some dlls + TeXWorks.exe
under tlpkg/texworks. Is that similar to the .so trick I used?

* 'texworks.win32' also contains a whole bunch of data files
for poppler as well as the manual/help, living under tlpkg/texworks.
Should I include those as well? If yes, would it not be better to
move those files to 'texworks' ?

Best wishes,
Taco