[tex-live] TeXworks in TeX Live

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Sat Oct 23 10:01:55 CEST 2010

On 10/23/2010 08:06 AM, Norbert Preining wrote:
>> Is it intended?
>
> Yes.
>
> Getting the lib dependencies right on Unix is too hard.

As an experiment, I have added texworks.x86_64-linux (revision 670) to
tlcontrib.

The package contains almost all of the needed dynamic libraries, except
for the standard libraries from /lib64 (but libpcre.so.0 is included).
It puts those libraries in a subdir of the binaries directory, and
uses a short texlua script to launch the binary with an adjusted
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

NO data files for poppler or hunspell are included, just the binary
and dynamic libraries!

I am quite interested in hearing whether this approach works on other
machines than my own (where of course all the libs would be found
anyway).

Best wishes,
Taco