[tex-live] kpathsea and poppler or okular

Ingo Krabbe ikrabbe.ask at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 15:18:27 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm using a gentoo linux and started out with texmf packages.  Then
someday I switched to texlive packages compiled by gentoo.  This year I
no started to use the binary texlive 2010 distribution and I'm quite
happy with it, as it keeps TeX completely seperated in a clear folder
structure, but of course I had to uninstall all texlive packages from
the gentoo distribution.

As those packages are source compiled, there was a libkpathsea.so.5
object used at least by the very good document viewer evince, as well as
by poppler or okular, at least when I enable the DVI viewer ability of
these general and usefull document viewers.

Is there some maintained source package for texlive 2010 or how can I
get a libkpathsea to compile these programs?

bye ingo