[tex-live] issue with input stack size

Pablo Rodríguez oinos at web.de
Fri Oct 15 08:19:43 CEST 2010

On 10/15/2010 03:25 AM, Vladimir Lomov wrote:
> Hi Pablo.
> ** Pablo Rodríguez [2010-10-14 22:29:55 +0200]:
>> [...]
>>
>> I reported a bug at
>> http://tug.org/pipermail/xetex/2010-October/018895.html and the
>> issue seems to be a problem between fontspec and the slides document
>> class.
>>
>> But what I wondered is why editing the texmf.cnf file and generating
>> format files again had not work.
>>
> This may be unrelated but nevertheless, some time ago on this ML one
> person (Alexander) posted example document which gives another error but
> was related with fontspec _and_ polyglossia packages. Could you provide
> minimal example that would help to track down the problem (imho, that
> could be the one problem).

Hi Vladimir,

many thanks for your reply.

The real issue here is a clash between fontspec and the slides document
class, reported at http://tug.org/pipermail/xetex/2010-October/018895.html.

The minimal example contained there is the following:

\documentclass[12pt]{slides}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\setsansfont{FreeSans}
\begin{document}