[tex-live] issue with input stack size

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 03:25:05 CEST 2010

Hi Pablo.
** Pablo Rodríguez [2010-10-14 22:29:55 +0200]:

> On 10/14/2010 09:57 PM, Zdenek Wagner wrote:
>>2010/10/14 Pablo Rodríguez<oinos at web.de>:
>>>Hi there,
>>>
>>>I'm composing a presentation and for some weird reason I get the following
>>>error when I mark a text with \textit{} (\textbf{} is not problematic,
>>>though):
>>>
>>>    TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [input stack size=5000].
>>>
>>>I added "stack_size = 10000" to /usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf.cnf.
>>>
>>Are you sure that _all_ braces in your document are properly paired?
>
> Thanks, Zdenek, for your reply.
>
> Yes, I'm sure they are (it works fine with bold).
>
> I reported a bug at
> http://tug.org/pipermail/xetex/2010-October/018895.html and the
> issue seems to be a problem between fontspec and the slides document
> class.
>
> But what I wondered is why editing the texmf.cnf file and generating
> format files again had not work.

This may be unrelated but nevertheless, some time ago on this ML one
person (Alexander) posted example document which gives another error but
was related with fontspec _and_ polyglossia packages. Could you provide
minimal example that would help to track down the problem (imho, that
could be the one problem).

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
Show respect for age.  Drink good Scotch for a change.