[tex-live] apropos

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sun Oct 10 13:15:58 CEST 2010

Hi Robin,

On So, 10 Okt 2010, Robin Fairbairns wrote:
> i suspect it's all in a database.  he seems to have derived the stuff
> from all over, but i can't be sure (jim's offline for a few days).

Ok, hopefully he answers when he is back.

> it should be easy enough to suck the stuff from the db -- it'll probably
> be postgres, which interworks well with pd scripting languages i assume.

Can we somehow integrate them into the .xml files for the
catalogue? Well, you probably don't want that I see.

> 2010/09/06 |     329893 | help/Catalogue/bytopic.html

No, I don't want to write a parser for html ;-)

If there is a way to get this as anything easily digestible for
perl (packagename;keyword1,keyword2,keyword3,...) that would be
phantastic, but I can write the convertor myself if I get an sql dump
owe can fetch from our cron job at tug.org.

Best wishes

Norbert