[tex-live] Fortran and Pascal sources

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 02:36:14 CEST 2010

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 01:28, Karl Berry wrote:

> Furthermore, I don't have an answer for libf2c; it will not be available
> natively and it would be asking a lot to make it available on every
> build platform.  So it seems Fortran compilation is infeasible.  How
> about "simply" rewriting the Fortran program in C :)?

Not to be taken too seriously, but ...

A "simple rewrite" for MusiXTeX preprocessor used to be called MPP /
Lilypond back in 1995/96:
    http://lilypond.org/download/old/MPP/Changes.0.46
    http://lilypond.org/download/old/MPP/FAQ
    http://lilypond.org/~janneke/software/mpp/
but then they abandoned first MusiXTeX and then TeX (while retaining
the high quality of typesetting the music).

Mojca