[tex-live] Problems with newer version

Will W wwli7p at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 20:07:52 CET 2010

I had been quite happy using texlive 2007. I decided to upgrade and have
encountered problems that I cannt really find.

The first problem is any of the new software that came with texlive2010
doesn't work.

I get error

c:\texlive\2010\bin\win32\runscript.tlu:441 bad argument #1 to 'lower'
(string expected, got nil)

then when running LED I get error

This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-1.40.11 (Web2C 2010)
 Source specials enabled.
---! Must increase the trie size
(Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)
25-11-2010 13:46:20: STOP

I had no problem with texlive 2007, everything worked great from the start.
ALso I don't know why te default is pdflatex. latex should be latex and
pdflatex should be pdflatex.

I have tried looking for these errors but when I finally do get to where
errors were reporting a seach windows always goes directly to google and the
entire world. I would have thought I could just search to messages fo the
erros to correct this. I will try to spend a couple more house on this but I
need the latex to work now and not wait for a response so I will hopefully
reset the system to an eariler state and hopefully texlive 2007 will bu
used.

Will