[tex-live] Removing the biber package from CTAN

Philip Kime philip at kime.org.uk
Fri Nov 19 17:11:49 CET 2010

Well, I didn't realise that this would raise such issues. If you think it's a good idea, I can put it back but the issue for me was that we have moved pretty much to a binary distribution and almost nobody tries to use the perl install version any more. It's not clear to me how we can distribute this via CTAN. If you all think it's for the best to leave it on CTAN, I will upload a new version and make it part of my release procedure but very few people will ever use it in this way until it's part of the TL install and can be updated/fetched in binary format.

PK

--
Dr Philip Kime