[tex-live] luainputenc broken after updating from version 18253 to 10326 with tlmgr

Paul Vojta vojta at math.berkeley.edu
Thu Nov 18 10:07:54 CET 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 08:12:20PM +0100, Benoit RIVET wrote:
> I've been using MacTex 2010 for a while, and after updating all packages, I happened to stumble upon a bug with luainputenc. Compiling the following minimal example with lualatex
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage[utf8]{luainputenc}
> \usepackage{lipsum}
> \begin{document}
> \lipsum
> \end{document}

I tried it and found the same problem (and fix).

Also, on x86_32 linux systems, I get a segmentation fault.  After a
little debugging, I found that it's in pdf_place_glyph (pdfglyph.w:70).
The variable p is a null pointer.

This is on both a 32-bit current Debian system and a 32-bit Centos 4.8
system (but not on 64-bit Linux systems that I tested).  In all cases
I compiled TeXlive for my own weird setup.

Any advice?

--Paul Vojta, vojta at math.berkeley.edu