[tex-live] xpdf problem with STIX*.otf.pdf font docu

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue Nov 16 04:39:25 CET 2010

On 15 November 2010 Hartmut Henkel wrote:

 > Hi,
 >
 > here xpdf on a debian-stable amd64 PC gives an immediate segfault on any
 > (or least many) of the STIX*.otf.pdf files in directory
 >
 >   texlive/2010/texmf-dist/doc/fonts/stix/Glyphs
 >
 > On another, debian-testing amd64 PC it gives
 >
 >   $ xpdf STIXGeneral.otf.pdf
 >   Error: Mismatch between font type and embedded font file
 >   Error: Embedded CID font has type Type1C; assuming CIDType0C
 >   Error: Mismatch between font type and embedded font file
 >   Error: Embedded CID font has type Type1C; assuming CIDType0C
 >
 > but doesn't crash, and displays ok. Also acroread silently displays the
 > file. Is there anything bad with the PDF files, or is it an xpdf bug?
 >
 > Regards, Hartmut

Hi Hartmut,
the version of xpdf provided by Gentoo Linux (linked against poppler)
shows the same error messages as above.

I just compiled a native xpdf-3.02 (without applying the patches) and
it welcomed me with a core dump.

Are both of your versions linked against poppler?  I have the
impression that there is a problem with xpdf itself which had been
fixed by Linux distributors or poppler developers.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25