[tex-live] Update all installed failed

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sat Nov 13 13:37:35 CET 2010

On Sa, 13 Nov 2010, Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) wrote:
>> It never reverted to that, it keeps what it has been told in the beginning,
>> and that is saved in the local tlpdb.
>
> So how does one update that through the GUI ?

 Options->General

> I do not wish to be difficult, particularly because you are doing
> your best to help, but if a program such as TLMGR has a GUI interface,
> then "the average man on the top deck of a Number 53 Clapham Common

Going into Options-General seems to be a quite common activity
to adjust a programs behaviour.

> assumed that "Load default network repository" would do just that.

It does, but only for *that* particular run.

> beebe [330k]: local: 20272, source: 20425 (update)

Well you are *QUITE* out of date ;-)

tlmgr update --all should do the trick.

Best wishes

Norbert
CORRIECRAVIE (n.)
To avert the horrors of corrievorrie (q.v.) corriecravie is usually
employed. This is the cowardly but highly skilled process by which
both protagonists continue to approach while keeping up the pretence
that they haven't noticed each other - by staring furiously at their
feet, grimacing into a notebook, or studying the walls closely as if
in a mood of deep irritation.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff