[tex-live] [texhax] amsmath update - any changes?

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 14:15:22 CET 2010

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 6:54 AM, Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:

>> Any sysadmin would not be very happy to have a couple of users
>> screaming "bloody murder! what did you do with my favourite
>> package!!!!" without knowing the answer "Elsevier pulled it off and
>> replaced by elsarticle".
>
> Use
>  tlmgr update --list
> first, and maybe then add
>  --no-auto-remove

Norbert, I know this (and actually preview updates). But let us look
for a sysadmin. --no-auto-remove will put the package in question on
the life support on his host. OK, no screaming users today. Then
sysadmin updates to TL2011 and a dozen (or more) of packages
disappears in one shot. Then he gets a BIG crowd.

Victor