[tex-live] apparent bug in detex

cfrees at imapmail.org cfrees at imapmail.org
Wed Nov 3 01:04:11 CET 2010

On Mon 1st Nov, 2010 at 22:16, Karl Berry seems to have written:

>    pdftotext is already part of TeX Live.
>
> For Windows only.   (As with many other generic tools.)

I do have pdftotext (though not from TeX Live, obviously) but whenever
I've tried to use it it has taken simply forever to produce any output
even for quite small documents. I would not like to try this method on
a paper of even 3,000 words - never mind 8,000 or more.

- cfr