[tex-live] BibTeXU

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Sat May 29 17:48:30 CEST 2010

Joseph Wright <joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk> wrote:

> I see from the pretesting page that TeX Live 2010 includes "the
> BibTeXU program for Unicode-enabled BibTeX". I can't find any more
> details on this program: is there any documentation about?

there's a gna project of that name, with sole contributor yannis
haralambous.  of course, it's empty.

there has been a post to c.t.t recently, which i can't find, and there's
a mention in a thread titled

  wszystkie pola w bibtexu

in 2005.

the one i can't find (i think) gave a download site, and was complaining
it wasn't in tl.

of course, there's no sign of an upload to ctan, but tl doesn't mind
installing non-ctan binaries (witness xetex, for example).

pity about biblatex-biber, but that's too complicated (vide this list,
passim).  :-(