[tex-live] TL'10 pretest trial

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri May 28 00:08:27 CEST 2010

    Another point. Doing an update raises an error with building formats:
    ! I can't find file `ukrhyph-ptex.tex'.

Already fixed in the sources, should be in the next mactex update.

    One thing: what is the situation with the 64 bit Mac binaries?
    Currently, you still have to grab these separately (they are not
    included in the standard MacTeX). Any plans to integrate them

I'm discussing with Dick.  As far as TL goes, x86_64-darwin/ is just
another platform, a sibling to universal-darwin, i386-linux, etc.  The
separation is purely because of Apple installer issues, was my first
impression.  I'm sure there will be more about this on the mactex list.

    What about updates: does tlgmr "pick up" the presence of the
    binaries and do them as part of the usual run, or if not how do you
    update them?

Any updates on the server are made to all installed platforms, yes.