[tex-live] oberdiek package update failure

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue May 18 15:03:09 CEST 2010

Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:

> On Di, 18 Mai 2010, Adam Mercer wrote:
> > Whenever tlmgr tried to pull updates from
> > http://ctan.math.utah.edu/ctan/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet I got
> > the same problem, with a different mirror oberdiek installed without
> > issue.
>
> Robin, can you check the mirror status, please? Or can we push them
> to resync?

the mirror timestamp is admirably up-to-date.

i just looked at the .tar.xz: they seemed all right.

rechecking, i would guess they're exactly the same as i have, modulo
the dates being expressed in utah time.  md5sum of their oberdiek.tar.xz
is the same as the file here.

so i don't think we can explain this problem by _that_ sort of
misbehaviour from utah: otoh, i can't think of any other sort of
misbehaviour that might provoke this effect.

robin