[tex-live] Fwd: include directories to search for additonal files like *.bib *.sty, etc.

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at gmail.com
Mon May 10 15:42:51 CEST 2010

Good day Manuel.

2010/5/10 Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard <mpg at elzevir.fr>:
> Hi,
>
> Le 10/05/2010 04:30, Vladimir Lomov a écrit :
>> First of all this is wrong mailing list for your question. texhax is
>> more suitable one.
>>
> Sorry, but I disagree here. How to set search paths for *tex (or where to place
> files so that they are found) is completely distro-dependant.

I wouldn't dispute either.

http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=privinst

tex-live  	TeX Live development and testing.
texhax  	General TeX discussion and questions

I didn't work on Mac but I work with both TeX Live and MiKTeX. If
we're talking about TDS compliant distro (as I understand both TeX
Live and MiKTeX are TDS compliant)  then my first advice concerns both
so this should go in texhax mailing list. As for my second advice
then, yes, it is TeX Live specific question and should be ask here, of
course.

I mentioned advices in the order of preference (the first is most acceptable).

Without details it is hard to give another advice (I consider use of
command line options or environment variables as the worst way of
every day latex/bibtex practice).

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov