[tex-live] kpse search path

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Sun May 9 11:34:27 CEST 2010

Le 09/05/2010 10:45, Akira Kakuto a écrit :
> IIRC if you set the --all option, the ordering is not
> taken care of, since it is not important for the purpose.
> Please try without the --all option.

You're right (as usual). It work here:

mpg at roth:~% kpsewhich -progname luatex hyphen.cfg
/home/mpg/texmf/tex/luatex/hyph-utf8/hyphen.cfg
mpg at roth:~% kpsewhich -progname tex hyphen.cfg
/home/mpg/tl/trunk/Master/texmf-dist/tex/generic/babel/hyphen.cfg
mpg at roth:~% kpsewhich -progname latex hyphen.cfg
/home/mpg/tl/trunk/Master/texmf-dist/tex/generic/babel/hyphen.cfg
mpg at roth:~% kpsewhich -progname lualatex hyphen.cfg
/home/mpg/texmf/tex/luatex/hyph-utf8/hyphen.cfg

By the way, Élie, I tested that two weeks ago and adapted TEXINPUTS.lualatex
precisely to make it work the right way (it was not working ok for lualatex before).

Also, I found that it is usually more reliable not to use kpsewhich to test this
sort of things, since we usually get the options wrong on the first try. Here it
is more reliable to rebuild the (lua)(la)tex formats using fmtutil and look at
the banners to check the right file was used.

Manuel.