[tex-live] Triggering mktextex

Heiko Oberdiek heiko.oberdiek at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 16 04:10:43 CET 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 10:31:05AM +0900, Akira Kakuto wrote:

> > in comp.text.tex there is a discussion about mktextex.
> > The following test file for plainTeX shows the
> > primitives that calls mktextex (if MKTEXTEX is enabled):
>
> On win32, MAKE_TEX_TEX_BY_DEFAULT should have been 0,
> since we have not mktextex.exe.
> I had set it to be 1 by mistake.

That could explain the problem of the OP in comp.text.tex.

> I don't know on the other platforms.

It's disabled by default under Linux.
For testing I have done the following to enable the feature:
* Environment variable MKTEXTEX=1
* Script that prints its argument as `mktextex' in PATH.

\openin does not respect the feature.
It can be on purpose, because it is used in \IfFileExists.
But it is not a clean way, because \openin could expect
real data files that should be generated by mktextex or
\pdffile(size,moddate) are used for existence tests,
especially for graphics files (\pdfximage supports space
in file names).

Yours sincerely
  Heiko