[tex-live] mktexfmt does not honor ‘--fmtdir’

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Thu Mar 11 21:13:52 CET 2010

Hi Karl,

karl at freefriends.org (Karl Berry) writes:

>     The ‘mktexfmt’ tool from TeX Live 2009 apparently fails to honor the
>     ‘--fmtdir’ option:
>
> FWIW, I attempted (in the development sources) to improve the error
> messages and parsing, so at least the result is not just the mysterious
> error.  Instead it's now "unknown option --fmtdir, try --help".

Nice.

Speaking of mysterious errors, I wasn’t able to make much sense of this
one:

This is a summary of all `failed' messages:
`luatex -ini  -jobname=luatex -progname=luatex luatex.ini' failed
`luatex -ini  -jobname=dviluatex -progname=dviluatex dviluatex.ini' failed

(From <http://hydra.nixos.org/build/318287>.)

Thanks,
Ludo’.