[tex-live] error in supp-pdf.mkii again?

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Mar 11 09:40:26 CET 2010

On Do, 11 Mär 2010, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Well, in one-and-a-half decades of \undefined, you are the first
> person to run into this and complain (there could be more that
> didn't complain, of course). But I'll talk it over with Hans.

I think the big difference is that since 2008 or 2009 we automatically
load the supp-pdf.mkii code, which didn't happen before.

People did the conversion by hand.

SO that might be the reason it didn't show up till now.

At least in TL2007 there was no problem with that! And in this respect
I am concerned about backward compatibility.

A document that is perfeectly fine in TL2007 suddenly does not compile
at all, and not due to some bad usage of internal things of a macro
package, but we suddenly load supp-pdf.mkii automatically.

I consider this a reason to change that.

Best wishes

Norbert
JAIST, Japan            TU Wien, Austria           Debian TeX Task Force