[tex-live] xelatex crashes with this document

Pablo Rodríguez oinos at web.de
Sat Jun 26 00:03:32 CEST 2010

Hi there,

thanks to all that replied to my previous messages.

Norbert, sorry for the typo: it crashes with XeLaTeX from TL2010 and it
compiled fine with XeLaTeX from TL2009 (and 2008, or even 2007).

The text-anonymized can be found at
http://www.ousia.tk/xelatex-crasher.tex. Now it crashes on page 13.

Urlike, I tried to isolate the issue in the same way I read in your
message this evening. The paragraph had no problematic content or
commands not invoked before. It doesn't crash with every lengthy
documents (Tobias, »Das Nibelungenlied« was compiled fine), but the ones
that crashed XeLaTeX were real books.

Having the same text length (or a very similar one), the original text
crashes on page 34 and the document above crashes on page 13. It might
be related not to invoke command x, but to invoke it for the x-th time
(after having invoked other commands other times). It is only a guess.

Just in case it might help,

Pablo