[tex-live] use of x86_64-darwin only in mactex 2010

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon Jun 21 15:20:13 CEST 2010

Emanuele, can we *please* stay on list?!?!?! I explained it already
why. Other people might find the answers in this thread interesting,
too, and replying to private emails is not good, and in addition
breaks netiquette.

On Mo, 21 Jun 2010, Emanuele Rodo wrote:
> sudo tlmgr --repository=http://www.math.utah.edu/pub/texlive/tlpretest/
> arch remove universal-darwin

Yes, it is still like that that the automatically detected platform
cannot be removed.

I am not sure what the best step further now is, but we have
to either change the detection routine if we want the 64bit binries to
be the efault on those machines, or we have to change tlmgr to switch
the main arch somehow.

I will look into that.

> Moreover, TeXLive Utility (0.88) lists a large amount of
> universal.darwin packages where the
>
> local revision (17012) is newer than revision in
> http://www.math.utah.edu/pub/texlive/tlpretest/ (9317), not updating.

You should read the texlive list (one reason why I asked to stay on list
is that all the inforamtion should be there).

That has been announced quite some time ago, you have to either
	install --reinstall
all those packages, or make a complete new installation of mactex.
We are in prerelease testing.

> Maybe, it will be good to just remove them.

No.

Best wishes

Norbert