[tex-live] Xindy searchpath

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 17 00:43:24 CEST 2010

On 16 June 2010 00:55, Robert Eckl <eckl.r at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am using TeXLive with Windows XP.
> If I use xindy, i receive this error:
>
> GNU CLISP: -x with lisp-file is invalid: '(searchpath'
> $TEXLIVEHOM\bin\win32\runscript.tlu:543: command failed with exit code
> 1:
> perl.exe ...
>
> I have installed strawberry perl 5.12.0 MSWin32-x86-multi-thread, bin and
> lib are found in $PATH
> Any idea?
> Sorry for my terrible english.

Your English is just fine, but your report is a bit light on details.
Please provide at least the following:
- revision of xindy (you can check it in tlmgr)
- exact steps to reproduce the error
- exact error message you see

I know little about xindy and nothing about CLISP, so I hope others
can chime in, but at first look the error message appears all wrong to
me.  Where does this $TEXLIVEHOM come from?  The path to runscript.tlu
should be absolute.

Does xindy work with our Perl (to test temporarily remove Strawberry
from the PATH)?

Cheers,

Tomek