[tex-live] TL-pretest 2010: foo.universal-darwin - Local version is newer

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sat Jun 12 15:33:22 CEST 2010

On Sa, 12 Jun 2010, Christian Boesch wrote:
> I get with the Tex Live Utility (texlive-20100530), pretest version, installed as MacTex, since a few days for a list of foo.universal-darwin packages the message "local version is newer". I use the pretest mirror http://ftp.cstug.cz/pub/tex/local/tlpretest/, but get the same also with other mirrors. It ranges from a2ping.universal-darwin, installed 16044 remote 9317 until xmltex, installed 17012 remote 9317. Any ideas?

Yes, many, that was announced some days ago, including in the following
threads solution to it (so using the archive of the last few days at
least would have helped)

Simplest way: reinstall everything (sorry, we are in pretest)
More involved way: Find the list of all packages (best is with some
	sed/awk/grep incancatation) and feed it back to
		tlmgr install --reinstall ....
	where .... is the list of packages.

Best wishes

Norbert
I'm going to have a look.'
He glanced round at the others.
`Is no one going to say, "No you can't possibly, let me go
instead"?'
They all shook their heads.
`Oh well.'
                 --- Ford attempting to be heroic whilst being seiged by
                 --- Shooty and Bangbang.