[tex-live] tlpretest full rebuild coming

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Jun 9 00:39:56 CEST 2010

FYI, all packages should get rebuilt tonight in the pretest.  So be
prepared for a big update, those of you who are doing that.  Could take
this opportunity to reinstall, if you like.

In case you're curious: this is because we slightly changed the revision
computation algorithm so that in the future when we change
infrastructure files (*.tlpsrc, for those who want to know) the binary
.ARCH packages will *not* be redownloaded.

In other words, tiny tweak to doc/metadata shouldn't cause re-download
of unchanged big binaries.  That's the hope anyway ...

If by some chance the rebuild fails tonight, it'll happen soon, in any case.

Happy testing,
Karl