[tex-live] pretest tlmgr --gui collection removal

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Wed Jun 2 14:21:51 CEST 2010

Hi,

Dan Luecking wrote:

> Hi. First the good news:
>
> I installed the TL 2010 pretest in Win XP wuthout problem. I used
> tlmgr to remove some packages and install others without problems.

I tried to remove a collection using tlmgr --gui, and it does not
work properly: all the files on the harddisk were deleted, but the
package database was not updated. All packages in that collection
remain listed as installed, as well as the collection itself
(linux i386).

Running

  tlmgr remove collection-binextra

did finally remove the packages from the tlmgr database properly,
but there was no way to fix the problem via --gui alone.

Removal of individual packages within the perltk gui works fine,
the problem seems limited to collections and schemes.

Best wishes,
Taco