[tex-live] Use of the updmap-local.cfg file

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sat Jul 31 06:12:59 CEST 2010

On Sa, 31 Jul 2010, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
> On 30 July 2010 Beuthe, Thomas wrote:
>
>  > PS Sorry about the DOS lines. Perhaps it's the way corporate
>  >    Outlook is configured?  Are there DOS line endings at the ends
>  >    of the lines of this email?
>
> Yes.  There are MS DOG line endings.  But it's not your fault.  It's
> the smtp protocol which insists on MS DOG line breaks and your mail
> program does the conversion if necessary.

Reinhard, I complained because in his emails there are ^M at the end
of every line, but not in any other email.

The reason is that the first two emails were send in multipart/alternative
where the first part contained the text variant *WITH* ^M, but there
they should not be there. Or some message header like encoding is
missing. Anyway, I don't care, I was just wondering about what MS is
sending out.

Best wishes

Norbert
And wow! Hey! What's this thing coming towards me very
fast? Very very fast. So big and flat and round, it needs a
big wide sounding word like... ow... ound... round...
ground! That's it! That's a good name - ground!
I wonder if it will be friends with me?
                 --- For the sperm whale, it wasn't.