[tex-live] Problem in updating texlive-2009

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 13:23:11 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 2:52 AM, S. venkataraman <svenkat at ignou.ac.in> wrote:

> I also tried out the wget I have as part of the OS:
> export http_proxy=http://190.10.40.250:8080/(Just o be sure.)
> followed by
>  wget
> http://gd.tuwien.ac.at/publishing/tex/CTAN/systems/texlive/tlnet//tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb.xz
> with the same result.

So you have a proxy server.  This opens all sorts of potential for
mischief.   The
Wikipedia entry <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_server> may be useful if
you aren't familiar with the possible problems associated with certain types of
proxy servers.

Have you discussed the problem with the person who manages the proxy server?
You may have to request that a CTAN mirror be enabled on the server.

Can you connect to any CTAN mirrors using a web browser?   Can you see the
mirror information at <http://www.dante.de/mirmon>?   Have you tried
ftp or rsync?

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia